All-Natural Bamboo Matcha Whisk (Chasen)
There are three tools considered essential when dealing with matcha. Those are the chawan (tea bowl), chasen (tea whisk), and the chashaku (tea scoop).
When it comes to preparing a good beverage, the chasen is the single most important thing (after the matcha itself). Chasen means tea whisk in Japanese. It is made of bamboo and designed specially to prepare matcha.
It allows to mix water, air and matcha powder into a nice frothy beverage, releasing aromas into the foam on the surface. It is like the froth on your espresso, or like the aeration of wine.
How to use a matcha whisk?
- Add a small amount of cold water
- Work it slowly into a lump-free paste
- Add a little hot water (not too much - you can add more later)
- Whisk strongly until a bright, smooth and silky cream appears.
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your diet.
- Is packed with antioxidants
- Detoxifies naturally and effectively
- Calms the mind, relaxes the body
- Boosts metabolism, burns calories
- Is rich in fiber chlorophyll and vitamins
- Prevents disease
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha is an antioxidant powerhouse. One cup of matcha has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of brewed green tea. A potent class of antioxidants, called catechins, also found in matcha, provides cancer-fighting properties.
"Bamboo is the tallest member in the grass family. It is one of the fastest growing plants on earth growing reportedly up to 98inches in just 24 hours. Bamboo is mainly found in Asia. Over centuries bamboo has been found a variety of uses like culinary, medicine, textiles, paper, construction, furniture, home decor, and musical instruments."
Bamboo is 100% environmentally friendly. Bamboo grows ten times faster than regular trees and up to four feet in 24 hours, which surpasses the growth and maturity rate of any other woody plant. It is natural, renewable and carbon neutral.
Its naturally waxy surface does not require painting; making it safe from health hazards caused by paints (they contain toxic substances). It is also resistant to bacteria.
In short, bamboo, as a material for products, has a lot going for it. It is:
- Odor resistant
- 100% Biodegradable
- 100% Renewable
- 100% Natural
- Carbon Neutral
- Fast Growing (10x than regular trees!)